Hi. I like eggs. <-- [If you know what that is from... leave your answer in the comments and we can be friends.]
Anyway. I'm not doing WIWW today because I didn't have to go to work today and after looking in my closet, I decided I didn't feel like trying to get creative. I mean, I pretty much do the 30x30 thing every day of my life because I'm living out of two suitcases. Yeah, TWO. For a YEAR. Now let's all quit complaining that we don't have anything to wear, because I guess that to some people, two suitcases of clothing would be quite a bit.
So. Moving on... I've decided that I'm going to tell you all a few of my pet peeves when it comes to blogging. I figure that as someone else who probably writes a blog, you might like to know what other blog readers find really annoying. You're welcome in advance. Ha.
1. Word Validation on Comments. You know what, people? I'm not a robot, and when you make your page refresh and have me type a word, chances are very high that I didn't realize I'd have to type a word, and I've already left your page. This is highly unnecessary. I've had that thing turned off since Day 1, and have only had maybe 1 spam comment? Google's spam detection is pretty dang good. Use it.
If you don't know how to turn it off, email me. I'll help you.
2. Tiny pictures. Pictures are great - I love pictures. But you know what I don't love? Straining my eyes for ten minutes because I can't tell if your tiny picture has a dog or a horse.
3. Run on paragraphs. People, line breaks in text are not only nice, they are almost necessary. My eyes will hurt, I'll lose my place, I'll get pissed and leave your page within 30 seconds of being there. Do yourself a favor and learn to use the enter button. It is a wonderful thing.
4. Girly text for the body of your posts. Having fun text for post titles is great, I even encourage and welcome it. BUT. When I get to your page and it is any text other thantimes new roman, arial, trebuchet, verdana, courier, helvetica, or georgia (the default blogger fonts), I will probably leave. Unless I like you. Then I'll read until my eyes get tired (which will take about 30 seconds) and leave a comment about what I read. Do yourself (and the rest of the world a favor) and change your font!!
5. Generic comments with three words and a link. This does not bother everyone, but it makes me so annoyed. As a general rule, I almost never visit people who do this. The standard offense looks a little something like this.
BONUS Pet Peeve: No-Reply Bloggers. We've gone over this already. If you have the new blogger dashboard, email me if you can't figure it out. I'll help you, because I want to reply to your comments that badly!