WARNING: This post contains spoilers. If you have not yet read The Hunger Games or Catching Fire, go to your local library and check them out, or go here and here and order yourself the first two ebooks. If you have a Kindle and Amazon Prime, you can read the ebooks for free. Simply not reading these books is not an option.
[Greets you all by making the salute from District 12]. Yeah, how's that for a new greeting, eh?
Titles aside, let me tell you some of my feelings and thoughts upon finishing this book.
- Sigh, okay. Katniss.... I guess I don't hate you. As much. Anymore.
- WHERE THE EFF IS PEETA, AND IS HE OKAY?!
- Haymitch, you sly, sly dog.
- Katniss - are you stupid? It was obvious that Plutarch Heavensbee was planning something. Did you not see his secret mockingjay?
- CINNA!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
- Ugh. Gale. I don't like you - go away already.
- I KNEW there was a District 13.
- S*%& has hit the freaking fan. I doubt President Snow is going to be happy about this.
- Wait... was Peeta's leg metal? Why didn't it go all rusty in all that water? Okay, it probably wasn't metal.
- I wonder what Finnick looks like in real life - he sounds hot.
- WHERE THE EFF IS PEETA, AND IS HE OKAY?! Yeah, I know I said that already, but I'm sort of "team Peeta," and this is really bugging me...
Overall, I loved it. I can't say anything about Suzanne Collins or her writing style, because I have no idea what it's like. I'm stuck reading translations, which makes life a little more difficult.
I have the 3rd book, but I probably won't start reading until later today, so don't expect it to be finished until Thursday or so. My goal with these books is to read about 100 pp per day so that I can finish them within 4ish days.
What did you guys think? Have you read them? DON'T GIVE ANYTHING AWAY ABOUT THE 3RD BOOK!!!!
PS: I'm over here today.
PPS: You can still win some cool stuff here.