In other news, I have a complaint about the blog world as of late. Many of us (myself included) have become blah. All I'm seeing everywhere are guest posts and giveaways (see, I told you I was a part of the blah). This has sort of led me to a difficult place.
Enter.... sponsorship. I have been doing sponsors on this here blog since... oh, November, I think. I love helping others to grow their blogs, but this is what I have a problem with. I'm going to sound like an awful person for this, but try to hear me out, okay?
1. People I have never spoken to, who don't comment on or visit my blog, or even FOLLOW my blog asking me to do a sponsor swap with them just because I have more followers than they do. I don't know why, but I feel like I can better recommend people that I actually know and talk to. Like I said, this may be rude of me, but if you claim to "love my blog so much" that you want to sponsor it, shouldn't you do one of the above things?
2. People that ask me to ad swap and then never put my button up on their side bar. This is a 2-way street, people. I have accidentally done this once, but fixed it as soon as I was alerted. Really, though. I tend to think it's not that difficult, and if you've asked me to swap and you don't have my button up, it's not because I didn't get you my button on time.
3. Guest posting. I generally don't have guest posters. It's not that I don't want to feature the people on my sidebar. It IS that I don't want to give 12 days out of the month from my blog to you. Sorry if that's selfish, but people follow my blog for me (or at least I like to think so). If/when I do have guest posters, I try to do my own post in the same day so that I've contributed something to my blog.
4. Giveaways. Oh my goodness I love giveaways. I think, though, that maybe one a week is too many? I don't know, it's really hard to find a good balance with those things. If anyone has a suggestion on how to find a balance, let me know, because I love having fun things to give to my readers.
5. I don't have anything to put here... I'm just OCD about lists. Sorry, it had to have 5 things.
I guess what I'm trying to say is this: sponsorship is great, but I want to know my sponsors. I do swaps for free. Maybe if I had 500 followers and asked people to pay for sponsorship, I wouldn't care who was on my sidebar.
I want to help you grow your blog. I want to help you gain fabulous readers. But I also want to know the person behind the blog.
With that being said, this is the only call for March sponsorship I will do this month. If you want to be a part of it, email me. If you've already emailed me, don't worry about it - you're on the list.
And for the sake of being a hypocrite: enter my giveaway here.