So. It's getting to be that time of year. The time of year when your skin hates you (at least mine does). No matter how much lotion or moisturizer you put on, your skin is still thirsty!! I have super dry skin normally, and it gets 812386756421908 times worse in the winter. I've been hunting for a good way to moisturize my dry face, and came across this awesome (and amazing) DIY recipe from Kaboose. I'm willing to bet that you already have ingredients in your kitchen.
Here it is. Try it, your skin will thank you!!!
-- 1 tbsp. honey - This will help to draw moisture to your skin.
-- 3 tbsp. plain, unflavored yogurt (do not use flavored yogurt!!) The acid in the yogurt will exfoliate your skin
-- 1 tsp brewer's yeast (optional, but a great addition if you have it) This is really rich in vitamin B
1. Prepare your face. Wash off all of your makeup.
2. Mix the ingredients. You want them to mix together really well. Once you're done mixing, it should look just like the yogurt is yellow instead of white. It should not be chunky.
3. Get a warm, damp washcloth. Wipe your face to prepare it for the mixture.
4. Apply the mixture. You can apply it to both your face and neck, but make sure it's coated on pretty well.
5. Let it sit for 15-20 minutes.
6. Wash it off. Use warm water to wash it off - it will come off way easier than it would with cool water.
It's so cheap, and so easy. Better yet, you can put the leftover mix in an airtight container in the fridge, and it will keep for a few days! I would use this 2 - 3 times per week.
Pretty awesome, right?!
The most awesome part is... your face will feel as soft and smooth as a baby's bottom. Seriously. My face felt amazing after washing the mask off!