So, you want to know how to make this delicious curry??
Well, you're in luck then, because I'm about to tell you. I got this recipe from the beautiful McKenna Ehat (who has no blog, otherwise I would link her and give her the MASSIVE amounts of credit she deserves). If you're interested in making an easy, cheap, and delicious meal, keep reading.
3 c of rice (I used Jasmine, but you can use pretty much any kind and it will be awesome)
6 c water
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp oil
1 lb of chicken (about 2 chicken breasts)
1 can of coconut milk
1/2 c of milk *
2 Tbsp of curry paste **
2 Tbsp of vegetable bouillon powder
3-4 c of assorted veggies ***
* You can use another can of coconut milk, but it's cheaper to just add normal milk, and it doesn't change the taste too much
** It's very important that you use curry paste and not curry powder. They are not the same, and they are not substitutes for one another.
*** You can use whatever veggies you want. For my curry, I used carrots, potatoes, and broccoli. Feel free to switch it up and add cucumbers, onions, peppers, anything you want!
1. Combine the rice, water, salt, and oil in a saucepan on medium heat. Put a lid on the saucepan and let the rice cook.
2. Put approximately 6 cups of water in a large saucepan on high heat.
3. As you are waiting for the water to boil, chop up your vegetables. Once the water is boiling, add your vegetables and turn the heat down to medium.
4. Chop the chicken breasts into small strips or cubes.
5. Place a wok or frying pan on the stove on medium heat. Add coconut milk (make sure you shake it well first), milk, curry paste, and vegetable bouillon powder. Mix well.
6. Add your chicken pieces to the milk/curry mixture and let it simmer.
7. By this time, your vegetables should be softened. Drain the water from the pan and add the vegetable mix to your curry.
8. Let this curry sauce simmer until the rice is done cooking. You can tell that your rice is done once it looks like this:
9. Serve the curry over rice and enjoy!! :)
Total Time (prep and cooking): approximately 45 minutes
Serves: 4-6 people
Total Price (in EUR): approximately 8 EUR
So. This recipe was definitely a winner, and we will be making it again. Maybe even for someone other than ourselves, now that we've tested it and it's pretty simple and delicious.
If anyone tries this, let me know what you think. Thanks again to McKenna Ehat for sharing this amazing recipe with me.