Hola! It's Friday again, and that means it's time for some of my Favorite Things! Oh, and don't forget to stop by Vivian's blog.I'm doing a crazy awesome guest post there today all about... well, go read it and you'll know! Seeing as it's umm.... 4 a.m. there right now, though, I'm sure my post isn't up yet! Another source of motivation (as if reading my awesomeness wasn't enough): She's hosting a Bed, Bath, and Beyond Gift Card Giveaway!
1. Warm and cozy blankets. Especially when it's cold and rainy outside like it has been lately.
2. Christmas lights. Because who doesn't like seeing those beautiful things when it's only 4:15 and already pitch black outside?
3. Good books. I just finished reading 19 Minuten (English: 19 Minutes) by Jodi Piccoult. Amazing, and I highly recommend it. Other recently finished novels include: Anne of Green Gables, Eine Unbeliebte Frau, Wicked, Adventures of Tom Sawyer, Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, Alices Abenteuer im Wunderland, and The Guardian. On my list for this week is Ein Käfig aus Sternen and Julia.
4. Wedding Pictures. Even though we've been here almost four months, our house still does not feel like a home. We're missing pictures, and I love our wedding pictures.
5. Taco Soup [easiest recipe EVER]. My family has been making this recipe for years, and it never fails to impress. Wanna know how to make it? Here's the recipe (I usually half-size it - it makes the perfect amount for one meal for 4 people or 2 meals for 2 people):
Combine all ingredients in a pot (or crockpot). Do NOT drain anything. Stir. Let it simmer on low heat for about an hour (or all day if you've got a crockpot), stirring occasionally. Thin it out with water if you so desire. Serve over tortilla chips with cheese and sour cream. Eat. Enjoy.