So... tomorrow I'll be 24. That means I have one year to do twenty-five things. I think I can cross a few of these off my list, but we'll see how much motivation I actually end up having!
25 Before 25
2. Participate in a triathlon. Not a big one - just a triathlon. I really want to do this, and I've been putting it off for years.
4. Go to a state that I've never been to. This is far more realistic than going to a foreign country I haven't visited, but I'd take either one.
5. Learn to make homemade noodles. For chicken noodle soup!
8. Start a garden. I hate gardening... but I guess I should probably try it out.
10. Go water skiing. My in-laws recently got a boat, and I fully intend to go out every weekend until I've learned how to water ski.
11. Try sushi. I've had it before, but I want to be brave and try it again.
13. Sew at least ten things. It doesn't really matter what they are, but I'd like to find the time to get better at sewing.
14. Read 100 books (children's books don't count). I figure I'll have some time on my hands when I'm on maternity leave. Maybe.
15. Donate more to the needy. Whether it's time, money, or belongings, I'd like to give a little bit more to those who are less fortunate than myself.
16. Show my husband how much I love him. I'd like to be a little more active in how I show my love to Mike. Whether it's leaving little notes or making him his favorite dinner, I want to be better.
18. Start a charitable organization or project. I'd really love to start some sort of organization that encourages (and helps) less privileged young women to not only graduate from high school, but to go on to college. So many young girls don't even get the chance to finish high school, whether it's because of abuse, petty crime, teen pregnancy, etc. etc., and I want to be there to encourage them to stay on the straight and narrow - to show them what their life could be if they really tried (and had positive influences in their lives).
22. Go skydiving. I am scared to death of heights, but I'd love to do this.
23. Go to an amusement park. I've been to plenty, I just have to put it on this list so that it gets done. I'd love to take the little one to Disneyland. :)
25. Take chances, make mistakes, and learn from them.