I feel this overwhelming urge to write, but the problem is... nothing comes to mind. So... I guess this post is just going to be a jumble of the thoughts that are currently rolling around in my head.
- This past week, two people from my graduating class have died. One was murdered (he was in the wrong place at the wrong time - sad story, really) and one was killed in an ATV accident. I wasn't particularly close with either of them, but it still hit close to home. These guys were 25 - far too young, in my opinion. One had just gotten married last August. It's such a sad story, and what's even worse is that these are not the only people from my class who have died.
- I'm really, really thirsty.
- I don't want to go back to school in the fall and I don't think I'm going to. Don't get me wrong, I love teaching more than anything. HOWEVER, the program I'm currently in is a dual major master's program, with master's degrees in German and Education. I am not a fan of taking a bunch of German lit classes and writing 60 pages for said classes (auf deutsch, natürlich). I'd much rather stay home with Elsie and focus on photography, which has become a real passion. I'd still like to get my teaching certificate, but I've decided that (right now) the master's programs just aren't for me. I thought I belonged in the world of academia, but it turns out... I don't. Not at this point in my life, anyway.
- On that note, it is so much more refreshing to do things because I want to, not because someone else is telling me to. Life is way too short to be living to please other people.
- I feel like this post needs a picture, but I don't have one and I'm too lazy to look for one.